IRS to Small Business: Order Your Wage and Tax Forms Early

By at 28 December, 2015, 10:45 am


Taxpayer Assistance Centers will no longer stock key forms

By Karen Kerrigan-

According to the IRS, small business owners should not wait until the last minute to get blank Forms W-2, W-3 or 1099. Lower demand for paper products, due to the shift to e-filing and the wide availability of products online (as well higher printing and shipping costs) means the IRS will no longer stock Forms W-2, W-3 and 1099 in Taxpayer Assistance Centers.

The forms can be ordered online or by telephone and mailed directly to your home or business.

To order online, go to the IRS’ Online Ordering for Information Returns and Employer Returns website. To order by phone, call the IRS at: 1-800-829-3676.

The Social Security Administration also offers an online option to create and file electronic Forms W-2. You can file Forms W-2/W-2c and W-3/W-3c electronically by visiting the Social Security Administration’s Employer Reporting Instructions and Information website to create and file electronic fill-in versions of Forms W-2 and W-3.

On December 21, the IRS announced that the tax season will begin as scheduled on January 19, 2016. Read more information from the IRS about the upcoming tax season and tips for filing here.

Karen Kerrigan is president and CEO of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council.


News and Media Releases